Thursday, 30 June 2011

a life's story collage #2


I think this collage sums up most of the meaningful experiences in my life. this is what made me who I am. forgive me but I don't consider myself an artist. starts with my grandmother Ana, with whom I spent important years of my childhood (I did the cross-stitching). she died on my 14th birthday and I always felt that is a way of always being present. lost my grandparents too young. one of my train drawings from kindergarden. we were all born in Lisbon but my parents came to Porto when I was four (the picture of me and my sisters, at the bottom, is from the beginning of our life here) and I spent my childhood travelling by train with my grandmother (who lived in Lisbon). can't find my ballet photos so I chose this one to represent it. it's the only one that isn't actually mine in this collage. couldn't skip cats :) here is my cat Kuki when she was two months old. she is eight years now. all my life we had cats. nowadays I live with five cats and my mother (she is implied in every picture, my grandmother Ana was her mother). and at the bottom - our sunshine - my niece Inês when she was two. she is 15 now. there are no men implied because they've always been an absence in our family. it's all that I've lived through these years, and the lack of it, that mostly inspires me. hope you like it :)

14 comments:

vicki dvorak said...

This is very beautiful and touching...love it, Ana. :)

Ana Eugenio said...

thank you sweet Vicki :))

Conceição said...

Lovely dear. Love from mom.
Sleep ty

Ana Eugenio said...

:)

snydeen said...

Gorgeous collage with a lot of heart behind it. Love it! Jenny (Umbrellas)

Ana Eugenio said...

thank you Jenny :) so good to have your feedback ;)

kkkkaty said...

I love it!

Ana Eugenio said...

awww... thank you Kathy :)

cococita said...

The drawing of the train is so sweet and cute. I love the cross-stitching too. Used to do it as a child and would love to do it again, so already have a lot of patterns, but until now, didn't do anything with it. Maybe next winter :-)
Thanks for sharing these important people and events in your life with us. Did you dance ballet for a long time?
The photo of your grandmother is admirable. As she means so much to you, it must be great (and you must be proud) to have the same name :-)

Ana Eugenio said...

cococita is a lovely name too :) I call you Elke because I love to know people's names and don't know what cococita means. I danced ballet for five years, then it was hard to continue doing it and school at the same time. had classes four days a week. loved it. wasn't no prima ballerina but had a lot of fun. stopped when I was 15 or 16. my memory is a blur in a lot of things. my grandma was a teenager on this photo. it's really an old picture! yes, I'm very proud to have her name. both my grandmothers were very special women but I lived longer with this one. my father's mother was Mariana and I give her name to some of my characters pretty often.

Dewi Citra said...

that's a very lovely collage, Ana :)

Ana Eugenio said...

thank you Citra :) welcome! love you being here too ;)

janeen kelley said...

Wow Ana! LOVE this!

Ana Eugenio said...

why thank you Janeen :) I'm having so much fun editing my photos! it's a brand new experience :)