Wednesday, 20 July 2011

cococita’s alphabet: f








I was born under a dictatorship. we had a military coup in 1974 called the "Carnation Revolution". our democracy only has 37 years. ever since, we celebrate 'Freedom' every April 25th. I've tasted that newborn enthusiasm as a child. the name "Carnation Revolution" comes from the fact no shots were fired and when people started descending the streets to celebrate, carnations flowers were put on the guns ends and on the uniforms of the soldiers. April 25th is one of my favorites days of the year :)

source: photo

5 comments:

Conceição/TMara said...

So do I ;))
Love, mom.

kkkkaty said...

Ana,thank you for sharing some of your histoy. I think you have a lot of talent and I'm having a difficult time keeping up with your work, as you are having a good time with your camera. Your posts are so YOU!

Ana Eugenio said...

:) thank you dear Kathy. to be honest, I'm not sure who I am to see the YOU in my posts. I've a feeling you see me better than I do! lol :)

kkkkaty said...

By that I mean - your artwork reveals a sweet, personable, intelligent, hopeful person, in love with life and full of dreams, used to being on her own and so had to grow up faster than a lot of people - with the ability to demonstrate or illustrate all that is inside you through your photos and drawings.

Ana Eugenio said...

awww... you make it sound so beautiful! you're very special Kathy. you see our soul :) thank you for saying it in words. xo