Friday, 15 July 2011

cococita’s alphabet: l






I believe the picture speaks for itself. like a flower, I need 'light' in my life. love Lisbon 'light', it has something special that make us feel home. Porto doesn't have it, for example. love the presence of a candlelight in the Winter, makes the house warmer. I always ask permission to blow out a candlelight. don't know why or when I started it but I believe the 'light' of a candle is like a 'lighthouse' to all that is ethereal and so I feel I should let be known that I'm going to switch it off. there! I've said it: before I blow out a candle I always excuse myself. don't know why but, to me, not doing it would be rude. do you have any superstition about candlelights? would love to know :)

2 comments:

cococita said...

Did you take this picture? It's sooo beautiful! To me, light is also very important and no days goes by without the warmth and the simple beauty of a candlelight. I love how people look like when you see them in the candlelight, I love dark winternights with a house full of candles, I love winterevenings outside, sitting by the light of a fireplace ... And I want to discover Lisbon light, 'cause it must be very special, according to you and LMJ ... Thanks for this beautiful post Ana! It's heart-warming ...

Ana Eugenio said...

:) the picture is not mine, I googled it. love it too. would love to have a wooden floor like this, old and dark. thank you for your sweet comment Elke. I'm sure you're going to fall in love with Lisbon :) Spring is the best time, although it's a sunny city most of the year.