Friday, 8 July 2011

cococita’s alphabet: s







I'm a Family girl. need my roots to be near. it might sound contradictory since I was living 190 miles away, but I was in my hometown where I grew up with my grandmother (where I've memories of my childhood). my sisters are my world, so it was an easy choice today. we have another 's' in common: our second name, Sofia in portuguese (Sophia in english). my mother gave us that name wishing we all have Wisdom (its meaning in greek). I guess we do, like everyone else, some days more than others. aren't they gorgeous? I'm the oldest. this is a really old photo, now we're 41, 38 and 35. I'm so proud of these two fantastic women by my side :)

7 comments:

Conceição/TMara said...

but dear you didn't grow in Lisbon. You always lived with me and your father - here since you were arround 4 - my mother was coming to pick you up for one or two weeks, in school holidays, as she did with your cousin and later with yours sisters. I too am proud of them as of you.
Love, mom

Ana Eugenio said...

I didn't say I grew up in Lisbon ;) I said my childhood memories are there.

vicki dvorak said...

This is really special, Ana. :) It think it's great that you are so involved in creative projects (Elke's, Raining Umbrellas, etc.). Keep up the great work!

kkkkaty said...

Truly a wonderful photo. Thanks for sharing.

Ana Eugenio said...

aww... thank you Vicki and Kathy. thank you both for being so sweet :)

Maltah said...

3 hermanas que bien seguro que tienes un montón de anécdotas divertidas

Ana Eugenio said...

:) sim, Wilma. muito divertidas!