Sunday, 28 August 2011

If there were no Heaven or Hell would you still be a Christian?


dear Amber writes about her Journey of Faith every Friday, and since August 19th she is doing a SPECIAL EDITION with ten different answers to this question: if there were no Heaven or Hell would you still be a Christian?

the responses begin with one of four choices and are 350 words or less.

I absolutely would still be a Christian...
I think I would still be a Christian...
I'm not so sure...
I definitely would not still be a Christian...

and we are all invited to write our answer in a post and link up at the end of each SPECIAL EDITION post. 
so, here is my response:

YES. I absolutely would still be a Christian because I believe Heaven and Hell are here on Earth, happening every days of our lifes. So actually they don’t exist anywhere else. Heaven is every piece of Mother Nature, Earth itself, the birth of a child, Love between two people, friendship, all the serendipitous moments of our days. Hell is war, torture, hunger, fear, terrorism and all the destruction that happens every day. I believe in reincarnation and to me being a Christian is having Faith in Life, in a source of Harmony that always prevails in the Universe, as a whole. Jesus was an extraordinary man, like Budha or Ghandi and their words are of Faith not of Heaven or Hell. I believe we are spiritual beings living in a physical body, so spirituality is everything we do. I believe the only place Heaven and Hell exists is in our hearts and actions. I would absolutely still be who I am. I don’t have a biblical Faith, I believe in Angels and I believe in Harmony and Life. My God is a source of unconditional Love with no boundaries and no religion. He is unconditional. Heaven and Hell are made of our daily free will, to me they don’t exist anywhere else.

HERE you can read how I see God :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ana,

First of all, thank you so much for your kind words and for linking up with the special edition posts. It has been a great question that has promoted and continues to promote much discussion in my household and among those of my friends who are participating.

Secondly, I def. agree that we are spiritual beings and that all we do has spiritual implications, but if you have been reading my Journey of Faith posts for some time you know I do not agree that Heaven and Hell only exist in our hearts. I def. believe that our choices often create more of a Heaven or Hell on earth as we live day to day, but I also believe our choices now will lead to an eternal place of rest and peace or one of separation and emptiness.

Lastly, I wanted to ask if you have ever read the book of Matthew and/or John. I don't know if you have ever read any of the Bible, but if not I would like to ask you if you would consider it. I think it explains how it is impossible for Jesus to have only been an extraordinary man like Budha and Ghandi (both of whom I agree are extraordinary men). The quick version of why I say that is, unlike Budha and Ghandi Jesus claimed to be God. So either Jesus is who He says He is or He is a liar. I believe Matthew and John (also Mark and Luke) explain that in much greater detail. Plus, I would love to hear your thoughts after reading it.

Here is a link to the book of Matthew:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+1&version=NIV

Here is a link to the book of John:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1&version=NIV

If you have any books or articles that you would like me to read please pass them along.

Thanks again for linking up and I look forward to hearing from you.

Amber

Ana Eugenio said...

:) thank you so much, dear Amber, for taking the time to read me and comment in such a constructive way.

I believe there isn't a right or a wrong kind of Faith, it's simply different. so, what I share here is my beliefs. I respect yours and I'm not going to argue with you on any matter.

I'll just share a zen story: one day a teacher gathered all her pupils and asked them to close their eyes. then she guided them to a certain place and asked them to open their eyes and tell each others what they were seeing. and they all started arguing because each one of them was seeing something different from what the others were saying. then the teacher told them to walk back a few steps and see again. so they did and they realized they were all telling the truth because they had been gathered around an elephant. since they had been too close to a little part they could only see a small detail of the whole animal and that was why their words didn't described to the others what they were seeing.