Saturday, 13 August 2011

one blog + one tree = carbon neutral

co2 neutral coupons attractive shopping offers with kaufDA.de
did you know that an average website causes about 0.02g (0,0008oz.) of carbon dioxide for each visit? assuming an average blog gets 15,000 visits a month, it has yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 3,6kg (8lb.). this can mainly be tracked back to the immense energy usage from (mainframe) computers, servers, and their cooling systems. but the atmosphere can be relieved by an average of 5kg (11lb.) carbon dioxide every year by planting one simple tree! an average blog causes 3.6kg (8lb.) of carbon dioxide emissions. consequently, a tree neutralises its carbon dioxide emissions. click on the button to know how your blog can be carbon neutral as well :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Mine's been neutral almost since the beginning. Such an easy way to offset but encouraging others to join.

Ana Eugenio said...

Hi Cheryl :) 'wonderland' is two months old so I guess I'm right on time ;) I love the idea of having a tree planted because of my blog. it will even live longer! don't think I'll be blogging at my 90's, he he he.