Saturday, 20 August 2011

the scare of my life


today I got the scare of my life. a few hours ago I was here, smiling at your lovely comments when my mother entered the room saying: "I've some bad news" she paused and added "your cat ran away". she said the kitchen window was wide open and she must have probably jumped through there. we live at the street level, near a highway. so I thought the worst. we went out with a towel and a pets box to bring her home if we had the luck to find her. looked under all the cars I could find. called her name incenssantly. searched the neighborhood. when she is frighten she doesn't let herself get caught easily so I was in despair. this isn't a good place for a cat to live in the streets. some people like to shoot them and there is too much traffic. we have trucks passing by our street all day long. I was thinking the worst of myself. my cat had choosen to leave me and I couldn't protect her anymore. two hours later we came home, I was asking with all my heart for her to be at the front door. I came into the house and started crying and screaming her name. my mother came behind and she said she could hear me from the street. I searched the whole house in despair and set in my bed crying. and all of a sudden Kuki was in front of me. a bit scared. I couldn't believe it. I just wanted to hug her but she is very independent and it's not in the mood for cuddling right now. I've her since she was two months old (this is one of her first pictures), she is eight years now and I wish her to live with me until she will be twenty-two (I'll be 55). she is my little princess. we've already lost two cats this year, I'm tired of losing what I love. I don't talk to God I talk to Life with a capital letter and I think it's time to give me a break. it's really hard to get off the ground when so many things take the ground under our feet. but I'm happy now. my cat is safe at home :)

13 comments:

Ms. Becky said...

but this story has a happy ending!!! do not despair, your kitty found you again. all is well.

Ana Eugenio said...

:) thank you dear. I've very high levels of anxiety and this sort of experiences don't help me relax and to be honest sometimes I think my mother have memory issues and that makes me feel insecure because she is the only one I can count on and she is a little stubborn to accept any help.

cococita said...

Dear dear Ana, I hope you feel better now and at least a bit more relaxed. I can perfectly understand how you felt, it must be very scaring ... I hope you can have a peaceful evening ... And as Ms. Becky says, fortunately this story ended happily. xxx

Ana Eugenio said...

yes, when I saw Kuki in front of me I just wanted to hug her. but she doesn't like to be squeezed :) thank you both for your happy thoughts. xo

Conceição/TMara said...

My dear I keep telling you she was alive and will be found. I felt it so strongly, in my heart and sole.
And so it was and for it I'm grateful . The familly is complete.
Love, mom.

Kia and Zeno said...

Oh boy, you must have been so scared! So glad this story has a happy ending! :)
Hope you will have a lovely Sunday!

Ana Eugenio said...

thank you dear Kia and Zeno :) means a lot to have all your lovely words. don't know what I would do if I had lost her!

em said...

Glad you found her!

Ana Eugenio said...

I believe she found me! lol :) with all the screaming and crying she came out from wherever she was to check on me.

The Art Bunny said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. So glad she found you again though.

Ana Eugenio said...

yes, dear Rachel :) this experience helped me to put my life in perspective. when I'm really down I think of dying and the only thing that keeps me going is that I feel responsible for her. yesterday I realized I don't really want to die, I just don't want to live without her. she is all that's left of my old life, when I used to wake up with a song in my heart and my days were peaceful. she is a reminder that Life can be good again. and today she let me squeeze her a little and it was a lovely hug :)

Pat said...

Thank goodness Kuki came home! I know I would be such a wreck if either of my two cats got out!

Ana Eugenio said...

that is right Pat, they're part of our family. they're the reason I smile every day :)