Saturday, 25 August 2012

Earth Wonders Interview... Joana @ Little Miss Joey


gear: I have a Nikon D90, with the 18-135mm kit lens. I also have a 50mm f1.8, which I love. And a 70-210mm which I barely use.
blog: Little Miss Joey

in her own words: «Joana is a Portuguese woman living in fairytale Oxford UK, home to green land, magical light, and Lord of the Rings. Observing the world through a lens, she dreams of her Brazilian boy and spending time in the beaches of Rio. Joana also has a love of photography and knitting and sewing.» (and she writes the most delightful ::inspiring Mondays:: on her blog! you will love her for that too) this is the fourth interview to a member of the Earth Wonders flickr group! happy sigh! enjoy :)



when did you first picked up a camera, and what kind was it?
I've always had a camera as far back as I can remember, but I think the real moment that changed my photographic life was when I got my Nikon D80 in 2009; life changing!

what is your favorite time of day?
Possibly early morning... it's so fresh and brings the promise of starting over yet again!

if you were a song, which song would you be?
Don't worry, be happy. Or at least, I'd like to be this song!
Or maybe Light and Day/Reach for the sun, by Polyphonic Spree.

who or what is your muse?
I don't have a muse, but I have an inspiration; Henri Cartier-Bresson.

do you have an alter ego?
Yes, Little Miss Joey. I'm really not that silly in real life; well, maybe a little.

what is your favorite subject and why?
Little snippets of life, mainly because everything fits in this category :)

what is your favorite season and why?
I like all seasons. I like to have seasons. I like the changing of cycles and knowing we are in permanent motion.

if you could what advice would you give to yourself ten years ago?
Relax! Things, and life, have a way of sorting themselves out. The younger me worried far too much about things she could not control. The older me is more accepting. I guess it's all part of growing up :)

do you have a motto that you live by?
Be happy. And smile. It has been scientifically proven that people who smile are happier (and not the other way around ie people who are happier smile more). By assuming a happy face, you are in fact promoting your own happiness.

1 comment:

cococita said...

Lovely interview with a very sweet lady and one of my dearest friends. Thank you for sharing dear Ana!