Friday, 21 September 2012

Earth Wonders Interview.. Veronica @VeronicainMo

Untitled Rockin' my friday face here in blissville. It's Hotter Than Hell Here the gallery~

gear:
I use a Nikon D5000. I use a standard lens, and a telephoto lens.(I don't shoot with a DSLR much. I tend to be unconventional)
I have a Fuji mini instax.
I have a polaroid sx-70(my most favorite)
I have a polaroid spectra(my second favorite)
I have a polaroid minute maker.
I have a diana mini.
I have a polaroid 680 and a 600.
I shoot with my iphone most everyday.I have been avidly pursuing mobile photography since last winter. I participated in Shutter Sister's "Picture The Holidays" and used my mobile phone, and I was hooked!

blog:
Life In Pictures, which I am currently on hiatus from, as I am in a big transition right now.
I post my daily photos on instagram. I am @by_the_twilight.

Untitled bokeh and clover Untitled
Oh hello friend. Untitled As If Yesterday the evening walk.

when did you first picked up a camera, and what kind was it?
My first experience with a camera was in high school. I joined a photography class. We made shoebox(pinhole) cameras. We did our own developement in the darkroom. When I saw that first photo developing, I was hooked. I still have the first few photos I shot with that shoebox.

what is your favorite time of day?
My time of day is the early morning right before the sun rises. Photographers refer to this as the "blue hour." It creates the most mysterious moods in my photos.

if you were a song, which song would you be?
I would be "Dog and Butterfly" by Heart (I have a dark side in photography which I express quite often. More along the ethereal, poetic rather than the dark macabre type. I post these photos mostly on Instagram.)

if you could be a flower, what flower would you be?
I would most definately be one of those high altitude daisies that bend in the wind on a bright sunny day.

what is your biggest challenge and why?
My biggest challenge is following my path right now. I am steering towards creating/pursuing my photography more. Right now my nursing career is in full tilt. I have been an O.R. nurse for about 24 years.

what is your favorite season and why?
My favorite season is the one we are headed into now, fall. I love the emotion it brings with the old falling away, laying dormant for a season, then a new beginning following. I have always looked forward to the fall season.

if you could what advice would you give to yourself ten years ago?
My advice to myself would probably be the same as it is now, to document these smaller moments that connect us to the bigger ones. Spend time with loved ones as much as possible.

do you have a motto that you live by?
I really don't have a motto, but I have realized thru these life changes that I am much happier in just allowing my life to flow and following that path. I have been pleasantly surprised by where the path has led me so far.

Looking up. The new family member. Driveway art is now in session. Untitled
My heart rock from my collection The sun was high. my hipsta shot of my little boy Lucky. HIP_-31543667.149684

3 comments:

Veronica Moloney said...

Hi Ana,
Just wanted to thank you for the lovely interview. I love the photo selection. Funny how I stumbled on your blog two years ago. Happy to share this space with other talented photographers, again, thank you so much!

Nancy Claeys said...

She's such a talented photographer -- one I've lost touch with sadly as I'm not on Instagram. Great interview. xo

Unknown said...

Ana, I love the questions you ask! These interviews are great.