Friday, 7 September 2012

Earth Wonders Interview... Zena @ Healing Moments

trapped int the life to which I belong behind the camera trying to find the center

gear: Canon EOS 1100D. EF-s 18-55mm EF 75-300mm
blog: Healing Moments

It is always a pleasure to find Zena's photos at the Earth Wonders flickr group. she photographs daily and her work is so inspiring. all the photos have a wise story in her blog. enjoy :)

when did you first picked up a camera, and what kind was it?
Well, my relationship with cameras is quite funny. Since I met my husband, he said I should take photos, because I loved artistic composition, so he was sure I would be good at taking photos. The first present he gave me was a Zenith camera, this was 25 years ago or so. I only used it a few times. Then, he gave me a Kodak and later on, a Polaroid, I didn´t use them too much, either. And in 2007 (he is persistent, you know) he bought me a Panasonic DMC-FX12. I consider this to be my first camera, because it was the first time I used a camera, firstly, in order to preserve images from holidays, events and so on and later, in 2011, on purpose, with a creative aim in mind.

what is your favorite time of day?
I love late afternoon because the light, it is still strong enough but not so sharp as earlier, in particular in the colder seasons, and temperature is perfect to be outside, either in summer or in winter.

if you were a song, which song would you be?
Memories (the way we were) by Barbra Streisand.

who or what is your muse? do you have an alter ego?
My muse have changed along the years. When I was a young girl, I have felt inspired by those who struggle to change the world and keep true to themselves. But lately, what inspires me more is finding ordinary persons who manage to make a difference using their creativity and imagination. I guess I have an alter ego, someone creative, spontaneous and free but as time goes by, I am not sure if this is my main personality and the other one, the university professor which is more conventional and serious is my true alter ego. However, I feel that division between both of them is starting to fade away.

what is your favorite subject and why?
Generally speaking, anything related to self-knowledge and spirituality, in the widest sense of the word. If we talk about photography, I love capturing everyday life moments, either at home or outside.

what is your favorite season and why?
Autumn. I adore the first fresh days after a long and hot summer and how nature starts to change.

if you could what advice would you give to yourself ten years ago?
Love what is.

do you have a motto that you live by?
Oh... I have several mottos which I use depending the day or circumstances, but there are a two that I always keep in mind: Attitude is everything and Make haste slowly.
 
"The rose is without why, it blooms because it blooms, my baby just cares for playing live in harmony with yourself and others continuing revelation (selfportrait with tabby cat)
the afternoon snack "Earth teach me to remember morning mandala things that  make spring so delightful

2 comments:

cococita said...

I love this interview as I love Zena's blog and her photography! Without you, Ana, I wouldn't have discovered her blog and her art, so thank you so much!
@Zena: it would be lovely to meet in real life, as we seem to have some things in common :)
Have a nice weekend, ladies!

Zena said...

Thanks so much Ana, I am so happy right now and feel so honored...

I am glad I´ve met you and your wonderful group and inspiring photoblog through Flickr. You´re a beautiful soul

Hugs and Love, Zena