Monday, 10 September 2012

started the day with a fire at 5am



5am an explosion. my mother was already up and she took these photos. she was the one who called the 911. the firefighters had to rescue an old lady from the top of the building in flames. the shop on fire sells inflamable products so there were a few explosions. soon the police was evacuating all the buildings. ours included.

sharing with communal global

since I was sleeping on the other side of the house, I only took over the event when we were evacuated around 7am. they were expecting more explosions. some neighboors had the time to take their pets out of the house. we weren't allowed (there was no time). so we left them inside, as far away as possible from this scenario. but our kitties felt the explosions and were scared. thank goodness we weren't away for too long. 



around 9am the press arrived. my mother offered them our photos but they were rude and didn't care. now it's almost noon and the firefighters and the police are still on the street. the houses above the shop are in bad shape.

sharing with ten on ten

12 comments:

Leanne Barnett said...

What an awful way to start the day!

Emily S said...

Oh wow...what a scene, those apartments look awful!

Blissful Blooms said...

YIKES! What a crazy 10 on 10! Hope everyone was ok!

Ana Eugénio said...

yes :) everyone is ok.
xxo

Rachel said...

oh wow, that's scary to see that bad of a fire so close by! Glad no one was hurt!

mmcgre01 said...

Wow what an amazing thing to see - it's terrible, but your photos are amazing.

Kim said...

oh my!!! What a scary morning!!! Your photos are wonderful though. Love that old-fashioned border you added. Hope everyone is safe and sound now.

alita jewel said...

Oh no! I am happy to hear that you are ok. Also, your pictures have such a journalistic quality to them.

Alita

Angel said...

Scary and exciting! I'm glad everyone is okay. Great shots, very intriguing.

Lisa Gordon said...

Oh my goodness Ana, I am glad you are okay.
xo.

Jacquelineand.... said...

Oh sweetheart, how did I miss this? What a terrible experience, but I'm so glad you're okay!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh scary! What a rude awakening. I hope there wasn't too much damage and that everyone was okay.