Friday, 26 October 2012

guest post by Lisa Gordon


Finding Beauty in the Everyday Things


A pile of laundry is waiting to be done. As I rather unhappily walk over to pick it up, I notice a little black nose sticking out from under it. He looks at me with his soulful eyes, as if to say, "I'm so comfortable, it can wait."

Groceries need to be bought, so I make my way to the store. I say to myself, "This line is so long. It will be forever before I get out of here." In front of me is a little girl. Clothes tattered and torn. It's cold outside now and I notice she does not have socks on, but she gives me a most wonderful smile as she clutches a brand new coloring book and crayons.

Bills need to be paid. I find myself wondering, how did it get so expensive to live? What will it be like when my children have families of their own. As I sign my name to a check, I notice I am using the same pen I've used for years. A beautiful silver pen, with my name engraved on it. It was a "just because" gift from my husband, so many years ago.

With some of my "to do" list completed, I go for a walk with my camera. It is rather cloudy, and there is not much color left now, since we are just about through autumn. The blackberry bushes are quite withered, as we have had our first hard frost. As I make my way back to the house, I see a beautiful flash of color coming from the leaves on the blueberry bushes, and I realize that I've never paid any attention to them once the blueberries had all been picked. They absolutely glowed under a little spot of sun that seemed to have appeared just for me.

Thank you Ana, for your gracious guest post invitation.


I'm the one who's honoured to feature one of your amazing photographs, dear Lisa.
Lisa shoots the most dreamy and peaceful macro flower I know. definitely worthy visiting Lisa Gordon blog :)

6 comments:

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Aww, what a nice post, Lisa. What a giver you are. :) Love the vivid red leaves against that creamy green background.

Ms. A said...

I love her header slide show, sidewalk painter and carousel horse!

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

This is a beautiful picture that does show the awesomeness of nature. enJOYed Thanks for sharing Lisa with us.

cococita said...

I love the way you write Lisa! Thank you for sharing these glimpses into your life with us. Your text gives us a lovely impression of autumn and the little things in your life.
Have a beautiful autumn weekend, enlightened by some colourful details.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

This is lovely!! Nothing better than the autumn leaves.

Indigo Janson said...

That was a beautiful post, and very much in touch with Ana's blog as she also has a way of finding the small joys. Your image of the blueberry bush is glorious and shows why we should keep our eyes open to what is around us. Thanks to both of you.