Tuesday, 2 October 2012

my favorite vacation destination and why..


to be honest I don't go on a vacation since I started working in 1994. Barcelona is one of my dreamy destinations among tons of others, this one is so close it should be doable. but it hasn't been. not having a place to sleep is the problem. why Barcelona? because of Gaudí! I'm fascinated by his work. would love to be dazzled in its presence. my mother gave me this guide in 2000, in Lisbon. but as I keep saying: I'm blessed! vacations come to me. in two days I've my BFF arriving for a three days weekend. this will be my favorite destination this year. to photograph the city I live in with my best friend Ka. I'll be carrying my Nikon around. yay! I'm thrilled with the anticipation. why? because we're not together in almost two years..

please share a dream that have come true to you ;)

3 comments:

Meyser said...

Barcelona is beautiful, and Gaudi is stunning. I had the chance to visit when I finished university, and did a city-trip with my best friend. It was lovely and sunny and artsy!

If you ever come to Europe, I can show you some beautiful places in Belgium. I grew up in a very picture-esque one: Bruges.


Speaking about pictures: if you could, one day, do a post about taking pictures in rainy weather or inside a rather dark house... I really struggle with it, and I wouldn't want to put away my camera for the whole dark season. Any thoughts, tips are recommendations you have to share are most welcome if you would find the time one day...

Blue said...

:) conto os dias....vai ser óptimo! Beijo doce e carinhoso para ti

Nancy Claeys said...

How wonderful that you have this opportunity, Ana. Happy for you.