Saturday, 6 October 2012

salty flowers and white ballons

sharing with A cat on the window sill, A Rural Journal and Repurpose My Life

today we were at the beach. having lunch with the sound of the waves. felt so good. wasn't so hot and the sky was cloudy. perfect for a photographic session. I'll share it on another post, promise. we witness a ceremony where a large group of people threw white flowers to the sea. this is a salty flower. it was very simple, they joined in a circle, a woman said some words, difficult to hear, then most of them took off their shoes and went into the water to leave their flower. in the end they released white ballons. what I loved the most about it was the silence around them. felt so peaceful. somehow I feel blessed to be a part of extraordinary events such as this (even as an observer we are always a witness).

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

We did this after our dog died. Fantastic photos.

Nikki said...

Lovely images. Sounds like you witnessed something very special on your beach trip.

Debbie said...

Lovely!

Cyn said...

These are such lovely pictures!

Buttons said...

Oh I do love this. FREE YEAH!!!! B

Nancy Claeys said...

I love these images, Ana. Some of your best. xo

Ida said...

There is something about this photo that really appeals to me. I like it very much.

Marlo RepurposeMyLife said...

simple and lovely. Thanks for sharing at Your Sunday best.

edenhills said...

Beautiful. I've never heard of this ritual, but it does sound very peaceful and healing.