Friday, 2 November 2012

day dreaming

sharing with Flower Art Friday

a whole month before Christmas. I'm always excited about this holiday but then the day itself is a bit of a disappointment. my family gathers on Christmas Eve around 8pm and around 1am we're all back to our houses. the 25th is just me and my mother again. when I lived in Lisbon, the 25th was spent on a train, going back to work and later to my cat Kuki. my younger sister doesn't even bother to spend the Eve with us. she stays home, in London. the best part of Christmas now is my niece. we connect. she is with us on Christmas Eve and with her father's family on Christmas day. time flies. she soon will be going to University. I've wonderful memories of my childhood and I miss that magic. I miss my grandma. with so many people unemployed the whole country is disenchanted. streets are no longer decorated. everyone has a low budget. I hope November brings some good magic to all.

7 comments:

Ms. A said...

I prefer December 26th, when it's all over and done with.

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

We usually celebrate Christmas Eve also, but this year it will just be me and my husband. Sometimes the holidays can be sad. It's what you make it, tho. I'm going to try to have a positive attitude despite the loneliness. :)

Buttons said...

Oh Ana I miss my Grandmother too and those Christmas get togethers.
I am happy you have your niece she makes you happy and when she goes off she can always phone or email. We celebrate at Oma's on Christmas Eve all together then just the girls and My Hero and myself on Christmas Day.
I do hope the economy turns around. Love the photo. B

Renae said...

Ana hi!

I love your warm November rose. I love November because it reminds me of all the things I'm thankful. Then the month culminates on our Thanksgiving Day at my brother's about 60 south of me. Then Christmas season begins for me the next day and goes for 4-5 weeks depending on the calendar per that year. Sounds like you have a warm and sharing heart and a yearning for family closeness. I do too.

Sofia Morgado said...

You may remember me telling you that I love the season for all the lights, decoration and magic in the air but not the day or night itself! But I loved earing you telling about your christmas play for the familly! That kind of memories seem magical to me! ;)
<3

Gunilla Bäck said...

Beautiful!

bailey-road.com said...

A lovely rose.