Tuesday, 20 November 2012

three old ladies and a story


we have a photographic tour scheduled for this Saturday but it seems it's going to rain all week (and the tour might not happen). I was lucky because the time I was outside was dry. cloudy and windy and threatning but nevertheless dry. only my hair lost shape, worst then when I get out of bed (now that is so short). I went out to talk with the embroidery teacher and got caught in the middle of three old ladies afternoon. all they wanted was a young woman to listen to their stories. and I wanted to understand if I can afford the investment the course represents (I guess I can ;) but I'm not sure this is the sort of relationship my doctors are talking about when they say they want me out of the house. I'll start the course in January, plenty of time to talk with them both. the teacher asked my name: Ana Eugénio, I said. and they all got excited because there is another Ana on the group. then one of the ladies had an idea: we will call you (Eu)'geninha!! dreadful! I love my name, so I gently explained that Eugénio is my family name and I prefer to be called Ana. I honestly love my name and all my life had people trying to call me something else. when I got home my mother had a good laugh with the name the ladies wanted to give me.

7 comments:

Renae said...

Ana! hi! tell those poo-heads to be quiet! You are an Ana, thru and thru.

See you tomorrow and then next Monday after the big Holiday weekend in the USA, k?

:D

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Stick to your guns! Let them give another name to the other Ana.

Gumer Paz said...

Yo voy a comentar sobre la foto: Es espectacular. Es-pec-ta-cu-lar. Un abrazo :)

Ms. Becky said...

this is a fine story Ana. Having been asked all my life if Becky is just short for Rebecca I must answer no, that my mother named me Becky. But I have always wished that it was Rebecca. I love your name - it's as beautiful as you, the bearer. Happy week to you Ana.

kkkkaty said...

you could be Ana E. and the other woman Ana ( her last initial?)...that is what my grand daughter does with her 3 friends named Hayley
..Hayley B., Hayley C., and Hayley M.....
I think being a part of the group is a good move to try out! Have a good weekend, Ana.

Jacquelineand.... said...

Oh I can understand that Ana! All my life people have changed my name to Jackie, Jackie O, Jack, even Jack-o-Lantern. Oi!

Indigo Janson said...

Ana is a lovely name and those people will just need to learn to cope with having more than one Ana in their group! Gorgeous photo, just the kind I love.